Nigerians love to eat out and celebrate life. This celebration leaves a negative impact on the Nigerian adolescents in the form of bad cholesterol. A bad cholesterol can make your child obese, lead your kid to heart diseases, diabetes and other lifestyle diseases. So, if you are finding any symptoms in your kid for obesity then please read on. You might give him a healthy body with a happy life.
- Stick to outdoor activities-Planning a weekend activity with your kid can keep your entire family healthy and active. Encourage him to go more for football, lawn tennis, hiking or racing. Gardening can be a good physical exercise as there a lot of digging and other activities involved.
- Healthy eating-Healthy eating habit is always going to be in trend. Inculcate the value of fruits and vegetables in your kids from a very young age. Make sure that they get a minimum serving of two bowls of vegetables and fruits per day. Try choosing colourful vegetables and fruits for your kids.
- Control your sweet tooth-Try to consume less sweet and inculcate the same habit in your kid too. Introduce them to simple sports and find out which one interests them and then provide all avenues for them to be a vital participant by taking them to such practice events, reminding them to attend, going to cheer them up and even taking part with them.
- If your teenager is not into sports no matter how much you’ve encouraged, you should shift to a different activity that would still encourage them to get some form of exercise. For example, a teenager who has interests in books may not want to engage into a football game. Make a sport out of it by engaging your teenager to a game of who can walk to the bookstore faster.
- Education For A Healthier Body Children have very quick and active minds. They especially love to hear what their parents have to say, so make it a topic for dinner or just a casual conversation with your kids or teenager to discuss topics on healthy living and what it takes to have a healthy body.
Encourage lots of open communication with them on such topics but do not use it as a way to make fun of them or make them feel bad. Remember, as an adult, you are to provide guidance to ALL kids you come in contact with, not only your kids.
With these tips, you are well equipped to solve your child’s weight loss problems for life. Fortunately, it’s much easier for an obese child or teenager to lose weight and get in shape than it is for an adult, so start using these tips immediately.